Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Patton (The Generals) by Agostino von Hassell




General George Smith Patton Jr. was a Us army officer, most famous for his leadership commanding corps and armies as general in World War II. Patton is also known for his controversial outspokenness. Patton graduated from West Point Academy in 1909. He unsuccessfully participated in the Pancho Villa Expedition.During World War I, he was 1st officer to the new US Tank Corps. Patton commanded corps and armies in North Africa, Sicily and the European Theatre of Operations during World War II, the service he is best known for. During his duties in World War II, he is best known for his disengagement of his army during the Battle of the Bulge.




This book originally caught my attention because of the mild obsession my 10 year old cousin has for World War II; made me think it would make a great book for him to read. I decided to read it before handing it over to him to make sure it was easy enough for him to read. After only a few chapters I found myself equally fascinated with one of the most famous generals in US history. Love him or hate him, Patton was one of the best generals this country has ever had. This book is a wonderfully written narrative about a man who lived for his country. If you love to learn about historical military figures, this is the book for you!



No comments:

Post a Comment