Friday, August 13, 2010

William F. Buckley (Christian Encounters) by Jeremy Lott

Last summer I read Losing Mum and Pup by Christopher Buckley and fell in love with William Buckley. Not long after finishing the book I googled him and with in a few minutes found myself engrossed in You Tube clips featuring him.
When I saw this book was going to be released this summer, (after reading Jane Austen ) I marked my calendar and anticipated its release. It was worth it.

William F. Buckley Jr., the creator of National Review and host of Firing Line, was an enthusiastic, passionate, religious, driven and opinionated man. He believed in his ideals and never let anyone tell him he was wrong. Known as the "Father of Conservatism", he was an extraordinary man who needs to be looked up to for the mere fact that he stuck to his beliefs and never backed down; something you don't see much today.

This book is a great book for anyone like me who is interested in learning more about the man who many say started the conservative movement. You do not have to believe in the same things as he did, which I do not, but you have to admire a man who stuck to and fought for their beliefs.

This book is fantastic and only took me two nights to read. (It would only take one full day; great for the beach). I highly recommend this book to everyone.

***I also recommend reading Losing Mum and Pup by Buckley's son Christopher.***

No comments:

Post a Comment