Thursday, August 13, 2009

New Obsession????


A few weeks ago I saw online that the trailer for the new Tim Burton film was avaliable and clicked on to see. Little did I know that by watching that clip I would instantly be sucked into a new obsession.


The film, Alice in Wonderland, stars Johnny Depp (ahh I love him!), Helena Bonham Carter, Anne Hathaway (bleh) and others.
The movie looks amazing...I can't wait to see it.


Now that doesn't sound weird until you take a little look further into my brain. The reason I believe it is a new obsession is because I have watched the clip at least a dozen times, googled it more than that, started listening to the audio book of the Lewis Carroll novel, watched the Disney version, and even downloaded a song onto my iPod.


These are not normal events!!! I've been trying to figure out why I have become so fascinated by this movie and I think the reasons are (a) JOHNNY!!!! (b) JOHNNY AND TIM BURTON!!! and finally (c) a little part of me has always been obsessed with Alice in Wonderland.




My reason for explanation C is because when I was like 8 years old I used to watch one TV show before school every single day. It was called Adventures in Wonderland and I LOVED IT!!!!! I still miss it and look for it on DVD and iTunes. It was about a girl who would walk through her bedroom mirror and enter Wonderland and discover new things... My favorite episode was when she learned that Luden's Cherry Throat Drops were not candy; they were medicine and she should not eat them like candy... I know cheesy, but it's Disney!!! Oh and I also dressed as Alice for Halloween when I was I wanna say 6 and carried around my stuffed White Rabbit.



It was until a few weeks before the trailer came out that I had an unexplainable need to download the audio book of Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll... partly because I got it for free, possibly because it is narrated by the same man who narrates Pushing Daisies, but I think I've always wanted to know what the book was like.


I still keep thinking about how my go-to movie is still Disney's Alice in Wonderland and how I watch it before I go to bed, which does give me weird dreams I have to say... I once dreamt I was dancing around a giant umbrella like the Walrus did


.... I know, I'm very strange....

Oh, did I mention my new love of croquet?!


I must stop and enjoy my new love of Alice in Wonderland for who knows how long it will last... It seems to have lasted 18 years.... who knows how much longer?!

No comments:

Post a Comment