Monday, July 20, 2009

Rick and Bubba

Rick and Bubba's Guide to Marriage is described as a humorous look into marriage. The book is comprised of a bunch of stories from both Rick and Bubba about their marriages, their children, and the many different aspects of being married. It's a quick and easy read.
Before reading this book, I noticed on Amazon.com that the similar book to this are written by people like Glenn Beck and being a fan of Glenn Beck I was excited to read this. I received the book and after about two chapters, completely lost interest in it. I really did not find them to have humorous stories; somewhat funny, if that, and many of the stories have been things men have been saying for years about their wives. I could be one of the few people who did not enjoy this book mainly because I am not married yet and do not know what it is like. I'm not quite sure. The expectation for this book was way too high for what I received. Next time I think something is going to be, let's say "Red-Neck" style funny, I'll just pop in one of my Blue Collar DVD's and listen to their views on marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment